Biochemistry and Lab-on-a-Chip Services
We perform a wide array of biochemical assays in support of our microbiological and natural product services. We can work with you to provide enzyme or protein determinations to meet your needs. We have the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer instrument which enables us to mee a variety of requirements.
The Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer is a highly successful microfluidics based platform for the analysis of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells. Based on lab-on-a-chip technology, the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer delivers fast, automated, and high quality digital data. It is used by us for DNA, RNA, protein, and whole cell work, individually or in a typical workflow as follows:
Step 1: RNA Isolation
The Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer utilizes the RNA6000 Labchip, the industry standard to control total RNA, to perform many of the functions crucial to gene expressions analysis through microarray technology.
- Eliminate steps and save time while using as little as 5 ng of total RNA.
- Calculate the ratio of ribosomal bands in total RNA samples and show the percentage of ribosomal impurities in the mRNA samples.
- Check the success of cRNA amplification reactions and to insure there is a sufficient sample.
Step 2: Gene Expressions Analysis
DNALabchips make it easy to get size and concentration information for each fragment of a sample.
- Check a PCR reaction faster and easier than ever.
- Quantify a template before a cloning experiment or sequencing reaction.
- Verify the outcome of an enzymatic digestion.
Step 3: Protein Expression
Using the cell fluorescence and the cell assay extension, our biochemists and our molecular, protein and cell biologists can perform cell assays and simplify their workflow.
- Detect non-fluorescent, cell surface, and intracellular proteins by antibody staining.
- Monitor transfection efficiency by Green Fluorescence Protein detection.
- Detect fkuorescently labeled annexin-V for apoptosis.
Step 4: Protein Purification
The Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer and the Protein Labchips are capable of analyzing a multitude of different samples.
- Express recombinant proteins, purify proteins, or work with antibodies.
- Identify impurities and control stability.
- Determine the absolute concentration of antibody preparations
Other Services/Custom Work
Can’t find the test you need? The MiL, Inc. can work with you and design a plan that fits your specific needs. Call us at 1-800-688-9144 or email Dr. Bruce Hemming firstname.lastname@example.org
We also provide Consulting and Expert Witness Services.